RECOVER THE BRIGHTNESS OF YOUR FAVORITE JEWELS
Gold jewelry is a safe bet since this material does not lose its shine over time, but it can accumulate impurities and dirt with daily use. Read these tips carefully to return your gold rings, earrings, necklaces, or bracelets to the look they had on the first day.
- Pour warm water with a few drops of dish soap into a bowl and mix well. Do not use very hot or boiling water, especially if your jewelry has precious stones since sudden temperature changes can affect the piece and crack it.
- Dip the gold jewelry in the mixture and leave it soaked for at least 15 minutes. If your jewelry has cultured pearls we do not recommend that you soak it for a long time as hot water can weaken the pearl glue.
- Scrub each piece of jewelry with a soft bristle brush and try to access all the nooks and crannies of the piece where dirt can gently collect.
- Rinse each piece with lukewarm water making sure there are no traces of soap in any nook.
- Thoroughly dry each piece with a soft cloth and let them air dry completely.
USEFUL TIPS TO PRESERVE YOUR JEWELRY:
- Keep your jewelry in separate cloth bags, so you avoid rubbing between pieces and that they can be scratched.
- Avoid direct contact with cleaning products and colognes on your jewelry, since the chemical components of these solutions can deteriorate the gold in your pieces.
- Dispense with wearing your gold jewelry when you bathe on the beach or in the pool, as both sea salt and pool water conservation products can deteriorate your jewelry.