Here we are with Part II of the yummiest Halloween deserts!
PUMPKIN CARROT CAKE
What a good idea! Professional cooks would call it a trompe l’oeil, we a delight! And it is also a carrot. It will be super fun when you take it out among your Halloween desserts.
Preparation time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Ingredients for 10-12 servings
- 220 g flour
- 330 g brown sugar
- 12 g yeast
- 250 g carrot
- 160 ml mild olive oil, butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 50 g of peeled walnuts
- 50 g black fondant
- 50 g of white fondant
- 50 g brown fondant
- For the cream:
- 450 g butter
- 500 g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla flavor
- Orange gel dye
The step-by-step recipe:
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Butter a 6-inch pie pan and flour it. Wash the carrot, dry it very well and grate it. Chop the walnuts.
- Step 2. Beat the eggs with the sugar and oil until white. Add 115 g of flour and yeast, sifted, and mix until you get a homogeneous dough. Add the walnuts, carrot, and cinnamon, and mix again.
- Step 3. Pour the preparation into the mold and bake for 40-45 minutes, until when the cake is punctured in the center with a toothpick, it comes out clean. Let it cool on a wire rack, remove it from the mold, and trim it, rounding it with a knife to give it a pumpkin shape.
- Step 4. Prepare the cream. Beat the butter with the icing sugar and vanilla until you get a very fine cream. Add the coloring, mix and cover the entire cake with this cream.
- Step 5. Spread the black and white fondant, cut out figures of bats, ghosts … with cookie cutters, and glue them to the pumpkin. Also, spread the brown one in a strip, roll it up, and put it on the pumpkin, in the center, simulating the tail.