ADVANTAGES OF ACRYLIC NAILS
– They protect natural nails from the damaging effects of enamels and other agents.
– Aesthetically they are more beautiful than natural ones and can be given any shape and length, not to mention the possibilities of decoration.
– They are very resistant and prevent nail cracking, so they are perfect for people with weaker nails or those with a tendency to break.
– Their maintenance is every 15-20 days (it depends on the growth of your nail) and they are very durable.
– Bitten and broken nails can be reconstructed and always look perfect.
DISADVANTAGES OF ACRYLIC NAILS
– Improper handling can cause infections, that is why it is important to have references and to ensure that proper hygiene is kept in the center.
– Removing them requires good technique so as not to damage the natural nails or cause injury. As always, a good professional must do it.
– Some of the chemicals used in the process have a bad smell and are not beneficial to health. The place where the nails are done should be well ventilated.
– Abusing its use can stop the growth of the nail.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND TIPS
- We must weigh all the pros and cons before deciding if we want to start wearing nail extensions.
- First of all, choose a good nail salon (we can look for opinions on the internet) or ask for recommendations from people close to us who have worn or are wearing acrylic nails.
- Choosing the suitable color is important since we will raise them for at least 15 days. Also, the shape and length are important. If we are not used to wearing long nails, my recommendation is that the first ones are not too long since we will need an adaptation period. nails are harder and thicker and may seem strange at first.
- Once we have chosen to keep them or change color it is easier and cheaper. When we go to review them, they will simply file the surface of our acrylic nail and fill in the base. This operation is simpler and cheaper than making the first mold.
- Cheap or poorer quality materials are reflected in the state of the natural nail and also in the appearance of the artificial nail. As I always say “cheap is expensive”.
- Your beautician should always have the materials sanitized. If you have doubts, ask him how he sterilizes them. Make sure he wears a mask and latex gloves.
- Never let your beautician cut your cuticles, as they coat the nail to protect it. You must push them back.
- Make sure first that you are not allergic to any component.
REMOVING ACRYLIC NAILS
Never remove your acrylic nails yourself, it is a very serious mistake that can pay dearly, with injuries and malformations that can be irreversible. A good nail technician will do it with professionalism, hygiene, and care. This way your nails will suffer as little as possible.
In any case, after wearing false nails for a while, it is normal that at first, they may be softer or more brittle. In this article, you have some home treatments for the nails that will help to strengthen them, do not miss them.
Wearing acrylic nails is your own personal decision that should not be taken lightly. I’ve been wearing them for quite some time and I have to say I had a very good experience.
Try to do them in specialized centers with a qualified professional and a well-ventilated environment. Always analyze any changes, ailments, or symptoms in your nails and fingers.
If possible let your nails “rest” from time to time for a season to get oxygenated and strengthened.