Whether you’re planning a kitchen remodel or if you would like to upgrade the look and feel of your kitchen, there are many decisions you will have to make. These considerations would usually depend on the look, feel, and durability of everything new that you’d wish to install in your kitchen. Of the many changes that you can make, one of these is through your kitchen countertops.
Buying new countertops for your kitchen or bathroom can be a complicated thing to do. But, it’s one of the best changes that can give your kitchen a wonderful upgrade that will increase the value of your home and provide an additional appeal to your living space.
Laminate, marble, quartz, and granite аrе countertop materials that can give your kitchen the wow factor that you have in mind. But once you head out to shop, you’ll see that the options are so many. You’ll have to learn how to narrow down your options, so you can end up with the best for your kitchen.
These tips can guide you through the process.
1. Browse Through Grаnіtе Cоuntеrtорѕ
Yоu саn еіthеr choose a роlіѕhеd finish thаt lооkѕ tоо shiny оr a fіnіѕhіng finish. Thе роlіѕhеd fіnіѕh mаkеѕ thе соlоrіng оf thе grаnіtе арреаr darker thаn thе fіnіѕh оf thе hоnіng. Fіnіѕhіng finish gіvеѕ granite a softer lооk аnd a matte fіnіѕh.
Thіѕ mаtеrіаl іѕ completely original. Thеrе аrе nо twо ріесеѕ thаt look іdеntісаl. Yоu саn gеt a vаrіеtу оf соlоrѕ including ѕhаdеѕ оf blасk, green, соrаl аnd beige. Thе mаtеrіаl wіll nееd tо hаvе a ѕеаlаnt placed аt thе tіmе оf іnѕtаllаtіоn, аnd уоu wіll nееd tо rеаррlу thаt ѕеаlаnt rеgulаrlу. Subѕtаnсеѕ ѕuсh аѕ rеd wіnе саn permanently ѕtаіn thеѕе bеnсhеѕ.
2. Have A Guide For the Countertop You Wish To Have
Another thing you should do is get a guide that’ll help you get the most out of the purchase you make. This is very important because your decision would have an impact on how you use your kitchen or bathroom.
Kitchen countertops come in many different styles, sizes, and materials. When you buy new countertops, you want to make sure you get something that’ll hold up well and last you a long time. It’s important that the countertop is durable, easy to clean, and able to withstand the abuse that you put it through every day. If you don’t buy a durable and long-lasting countertop, you may find yourself replacing it after a few years. This shouldn’t be the case. Your goal should be to have this kitchen renovation as that one big renovation that you won’t have to follow-through too often.
3. Quartz Countertops Are Great For Heavy Cooking
If you’re looking for a countertop that can withstand daily, heavy cooking, quartz countertops are a great option. This is because they aren’t prone to stains. Quartz countertops аrе not 100% natural materials. Quartz countertops аrе usually 97% natural material and 7% polymer resins to bind the particles.
Quartz countertops usually cost between 67 and 93 dollars per square foot. This figure includes the installation of the benches. This material does not need to have a sealant placed on it.
4. Make Sure The Material And Design Matches The Rest Of The Space
It’s not necessary for your kitchen to match with the entire house. But, at the very least, have it match the entire floor or living space where the kitchen is located. That way, there’s a sense of coherence, even if it’s only the kitchen countertops you’re changing.
Here are some tips to be guided by along this line:
- Check to make sure the countertop matches the color of your cabinets, sinks, and fixtures.
- Make sure that you’ve chosen the right countertop for the size of your kitchen or bathroom. There are many different types of countertops available for people who have smaller kitchens or bathrooms. Choosing the right Quartz соuntеrtорѕ Vancouver for the right space is very important.
- It’s also a good idea to look at pictures of countertops in homes. This will give you an idea of what kind of design would look good in your own house. However, stay away from homes that have subpar looking countertops.
5. Concrete Countertops Require A Sealant At Least Four Times A Year To Protect Them From Stains
These benches save your money on the initial installation, but you must be very careful never to leave a damp sponge on the surface. Moisture can cause the material to become moldy or stained.
This material can be finished in several different finishes. It can be made quite smooth or left slightly rough. It can have a faux finish applied so that it resembles other more expensive materials.
6. Wood Has Long Been Used In Kitchen Countertops
Using wood can help you create kitchen décor that is warmer and more inviting than stone countertops.
Wood surfaces need to be sealed before use, and they must be periodically sealed again to help prevent damage and moisture penetration. One of the biggest advantages of buying wooden countertops is that they are easy to sand and repaint if they get scratched, stained, or damaged.
7. Laminates Are The Cheapest Materials You Can Buy For Countertops
Laminates come in a wide variety of colors and printed designs. You need to be careful with these materials because a hot pot can burn the surface, and they get scratched very easily. They are also subject to blemishes.
8. You Can Customize Your Countertops By Choosing To Use More Than One Material In The Countertop Construction
You could create a unique look with a mix of butcher block and stone. The butcher block could be on an island or placed on the stone as an inlay.
9. You Can Create Custom Countertops By Building A Wooden Base And Then Placing Torn Paper Bags On The Surface
Once the ripped bags are put in place, you coat the surface several times using a high-gloss sealant.
10. When You’re Buying Countertops, Set A Budget Before Going To The Showroom
Granite countertops are priced according to material color, finish, and origin. Quartz countertops do not need a sealant to be placed before they can be used.