You’re probably thinking of buying a new mattress because your old mattress was bought many years ago, when you were still in college or living with your parents. Lumps, sagging, and body impressions are visual clues that your mattress needs replacement.
If it’s your first time to buy a new mattress, you have to be aware of the different types of mattresses, consider important things, and ensure that you’re asking the right questions before making a final decision. So, check out this quick beginner’s guide when buying a new Avocado Green mattress.
Mattresses have different types and sizes depending on their materials, purposes, and make. Of course, you’d want to buy one that will provide adequate support for your weight and offer superior comfort when you rest and sleep so you’ll get the most out of your money.
A good night’s sleep requires a great mattress. But not all mattresses are the same. Also, people have different preferences when choosing the best mattress. One type of mattress can be comfortable with your sibling or your partner, but not to you.
That said, here are the different mattress sizes of the Avocado Green mattress:
- Twin Size Mattress: Measures 38 x 74 inches
- Twin XL Size Mattress: Measures 38 x 80 inches
- Full Size Mattress: Measures 54 x 74 inches
- Queen Size Mattress: Measures 60 x 80 inches
- King Size Mattress: Measures 76 x 80 inches
- Cal King-Size Mattress: Measures 72 x 84 inches
Consider Your Sleeping Position
There are a lot of things you have to consider when shopping for a new mattress, such as your sleeping position, materials, and features. You can learn more with online reviews, but you also have to consider your own preferences. As much as possible, you have to test the mattress and get one with a money-back guarantee or free-trial period so you can return it if you’re not satisfied and end up spending much on the wrong mattress.
For the Avocado Green mattress, here are the good reasons why you should consider buying it with regards to your sleeping position:
- The Avocado Green Mattress is highly recommended for back sleepers. The middle part of the mattress comes with a pocket coil system that evenly distributes body weight. It also keeps your spine aligned.
- The Avocado Green Mattress is also suitable for side sleepers as well, with its added plush pillow-top. This mattress contours better around the hips and shoulders. It prevents excess joint pressure that can cause sleep disturbance. The regular version (11 inches) without the plush topper might be too firm for people who usually sleep on their side.
- The Avocado Green Mattress is a decent mattress for stomach sleepers provided that a pillow top is used. It provides contouring at the upper portion of the stomach and hips with firm middle layers to hold the body up.
Receiving a New Mattress On Delivery Day
The Avocado Green mattress is made to order, which takes five to seven days to make. It will take another seven days to ship. So the waiting period is roughly two weeks. The company can set up the new mattress for you and remove your old mattress for an additional $199 with in-home delivery.
Whether you’re buying in a physical mattress store or online, you have to take extra precautions when accepting the delivery. Be sure to inspect the mattress and watch for signs of damage.
Here are some tips when accepting a mattress on delivery day:
- Inspect for Damage: Inspect the mattress you just bought as soon as it is rolled. Make sure to inspect the mattress, including the box spring for damage or stains.
- Read the Label: The label should state “all-new material” before you sign anything and send the delivery driver on his way. Otherwise, refuse delivery.
- Warranty Claim: Make sure to obtain all paperwork, keep all labels, and documents that came with the mattress, so you can file a valid warranty claim in case you need to do it in the near future.
- Contact Customer Service: If anything appears wrong, call the customer service right away. Take photos using your camera or smartphone, which will serve as proof for the stains or damage.
When buying a new mattress, you have to know your needs and preferences first. Of course, you have to choose the best type of mattress that will work best with your weight, height, sleep position, and your partner, too. Make sure to inspect the new mattress thoroughly on the day of the delivery so you can file a warranty claim as needed, or refuse delivery for obvious damage or tampering.