Mental health issues differ significantly. This is why Calmerry therapists tailor every treatment based on specific diagnoses & symptoms.
While there is nothing wrong with talking about your problems to trusted loved ones, you sometimes need help beyond what your friends and family can offer. Talking to a therapist is beneficial when you need expert guidance or are dealing with upsetting experiences. They can help you reflect on what’s happening, get to the root of your problems, and make positive life changes.
And this is what Calmerry can offer. Apart from providing vital information and support, they also have different types of therapy that can help heal and empower individuals. Calmerry therapists tailor each treatment to every soul, whether the goal is to teach patients how to manage difficult emotions, improve relationships, or become the better version of themselves.
Why is it Important to Tailor Therapy Treatments?
Mental health problems and disorders differ considerably, so it is only important for the treatment approach to be tailored to specific symptoms and diagnoses. The treatment plan should consider not just the issues or disorders a patient is dealing with but also their demographics, nature of trauma/problem, personality factors, and level of parent/family involvement.
Everyone is unique and incomparable, as well as the circumstances and factors around a person’s issue. Cognitive behavioral therapy, or CBT, is used to treat some issues and mental health disorders. It is, however, carried out differently, depending on what the patient is going through. It can also be combined with other types of therapy or therapeutic approaches.
- Allows you, the patient, to have an active involvement in the treatment process
- Makes sure that the strategies and techniques used are relevant to your struggles or circumstances
- Provides individualized support that is best suited for your specific needs and unique challenges
- Doesn’t just help you manage your symptoms, but also takes into consideration your overall well-being
- Increases the treatment’s effectiveness that can lead to lasting positive changes
How Calmerry Therapists Tailor Treatments
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to therapy. The right mental health care depends on your unique situation and recovery needs. The therapists at Calmerry can guide you toward your mental journey with its network of therapists covering various specialties. They offer evidence-based therapy and tailor their treatments by:
Conducting initial assessment and evaluation
To understand what the patient is going through, the therapists at Calmerry conduct an initial assessment. They do this to get to know you, learn what brought you to seek help and know what you hope to achieve from therapy. This helps lay the groundwork for the whole treatment process and determine if the therapist suits your unique needs.
The initial assessment usually involves gathering information about your:
- Current concerns or struggles
- Personal background
- Therapeutic goals
- Emotional state
- Significant stressors
Assessment sessions with other mental health professionals are likely to have the same structure but can also differ. The exact format or structure will still differ from patient to patient.
Crafting individualized treatment plans
After gathering information through assessment and evaluation, the therapist will craft a treatment plan that best suits your needs. They will work closely with you to identify and establish your goals, which can be short- or long-term, or more about dealing with a mental health disorder, overcoming past trauma, or just wanting to understand yourself better.
One important part of tailoring the treatment is outlining the strategies or techniques, the frequency of therapy sessions, and other informational resources or referrals. The tailored intervention may include alternative therapy techniques, regular exercise, and other activities supporting your mental health and overall well-being.
Providing evidence-based therapy and counseling approaches
As previously mentioned, the mental health professionals at Calmerry specialize in a range of evidence-based therapies to ensure that the patient receives the best possible care. This involves using research-based personalized treatments to meet an individual’s needs, experiences, values, and preferences.
Backed by scientific evidence, evidence-based therapies have been best analyzed and researched, tested in randomized controlled trials, and tested in reports and systematic case studies. Examples of evidence-based therapies include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – is a type of talking therapy that can help you manage your issues by changing unhealthy thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. It is commonly used in treating anxiety and depression, as well as other mental health issues.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) – is another form of talk therapy that is commonly used for those with borderline personality disorder and other mental health conditions. It incorporates mindfulness, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Interpersonal therapy – is a type of psychotherapy that focuses on current issues and relationships instead of past childhood experiences. The goal is to alleviate overall distress by improving the patient’s quality of interpersonal relationships and social functioning.
Continuously monitoring and adjusting treatments
An individualized treatment plan is not fixed; it changes as you go through and work on your issues. The therapist’s responsible for monitoring progress and evaluating outcomes to ensure that the treatment remains helpful and relevant. This may involve tracking your behaviors, emotional state, and general well-being changes.
Therapists also use different assessment tools and methods or even self-reported improvements to evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment plan. These allow professionals to adjust the individualized plan and ensure that the therapy continues to align with your needs and goals. Frequent monitoring also enables the therapy sessions to move forward alongside the patient.
Why Choose Calmerry?
Calmerry is a growing online therapy platform that connects you to a range of fully licensed therapists. They offer text and live video therapy sessions that can take various forms and are tailored to meet your needs and goals. Calmerry, furthermore, is among the most affordable providers of quality online mental healthcare services, with fees starting from just $50 per week for text-based therapy.
More reasons to choose Calmerry include:
- Support and guidance from licensed and thoroughly vetted therapists
- Individual therapist matching
- Cancel and easily renew anytime
- 24/7 human-operated support
- Different plans for different needs and budget
- Switch therapist for free
The first step in the healing process is recognizing a problem or struggle that needs to be dealt with. The next step is seeking help from a therapist who will thoroughly assess, tailor treatment plans, and guide you through your journey. The mental health professionals at Calmerry can be your partner in the healing process and making positive lifestyle changes.