Simple cleansing is not enough to remove dead cells on the skin’s surface, exfoliation is necessary. We have selected for you the best scrubs to cleanse the skin and look good.
Why exfoliate facial skin?
The epidermis is constantly renewed, the cells die and are replaced. However, dead cells remain on the skin’s surface, dulling the complexion. Their accumulation also promotes the appearance of pimples, as they clog the pores. It is, therefore, necessary to eliminate them daily to promote cell renewal and have smooth and radiant skin. Exfoliation helps fight blemishes like pimples and blackheads.
The peeling should be carried out gently so as not to damage the skin. It should be known that there are several types of scrubs:
- Chemical Peel: Made from treatments that contain AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) or BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid).
- Enzymatic Exfoliation: Made from powdered enzymes that become active in contact with water.
- Mechanical scrubbing: from grains of natural origin (stones, bark, plants, etc.) or of synthetic origin. Dead cells are removed by rubbing the granules on the skin.
How is the skin peeled?
It is important to choose the type of scrub according to your dry, normal and sensitive skin… First, wet your face, then apply a dab of scrub and then massage gently in circular motions. Do not rub too hard to avoid damaging the skin. Don’t hesitate to insist a little more on the roughest spots. Rinse thoroughly to remove the product. It remains only to apply a moisturizer to nourish the skin and protect it from external aggressions.
It is advisable to exfoliate the skin before leaving on vacation to obtain a radiant and harmonious tan. When you come back from vacation, it is also advisable to exfoliate your skin to prolong the tan.
Exfoliation should be done once a week for smooth skin and a glowing complexion. Be careful, the care should not be left on the skin for too long, otherwise, there is a risk of it becoming irritated.
1. Neutrogena Purifying Face Scrub Enriched with Glycolic Acid, Skin Detox, For All Skin Types
2. Garnier SkinActive – Cleanser 3 in 1 Charcoal Anti-Encrusted Blackheads PureActive
3. L’Oréal Paris Pure Clay Face Exfoliating Gel