Dry skin is a common skin condition and quite disturbing for those who suffer: tightness, roughness, flaking, cracking, itching … Do you sound? Yes, they are symptoms of xerosis, which is how dry skin is known in the scientific field. In addition to having Bio-Oil Gel for dry skin as a bedside cosmetic in your beauty and care routines, from Bio-Oil® we propose 3 home remedies for very dry skin that you can easily prepare and complement with our gel if you are looking to have a hydrated, smooth and soft skin. Ready to say goodbye to dry skin?
Home remedies for dry skin
Take note of these home remedies, which you can apply at home calmly, and whose main objective is to combat dry or very dry skin:
1. Take an “oatmeal bath”
Oatmeal has multiple benefits for health, and also for the skin. It is a cereal that, applied to the dermis, has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, as well as deeply hydrating it. Thus, an “oatmeal bath” from time to time (applying a mask made with oats plus other ingredients to hydrate the skin such as honey or milk, for example), will help you have a smoother, more hydrated, and nourished complexion.
Hydrating oatmeal mask with milk and honey for dry skin
- Prepare a mixture of honey (1 tablespoon), milk (2 tablespoons), and oats (1 tablespoon), until it forms a uniform mass that is easy to apply to the skin.
- Spread it on dry skin and let it work for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse well with lukewarm water.
- Moisturize afterward with your usual moisturizing gel or cream.
2. Avocado, a superfood also for the skin
The benefits of avocado for our body are countless, but did you know that it is also ideal for hydrating the skin? Avocado has a high concentration of fatty acids that act as moisturizers and is especially suitable for very dry skin with a tendency to flake. Also, oleic acid helps remove dead cells and smooth the skin, so it is also perfect as an exfoliator. It is also an antioxidant and slows down premature aging.
Avocado moisturizing mask with olive oil, banana, and egg for dry skin
- Crush the pulp of a ripe avocado and mix it with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, half a banana, and an egg white.
- Apply the mixture evenly on dry skin.
- Let it act for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Afterward, hydrate your dermis as usual
3. Sugar, the best homemade scrub for your dry skin
In addition to staying hydrated, dry skin must also be periodically exfoliated to remove dead cells and impurities and allow moisturizing agents to better fulfill their function. In that sense, one of the home remedies for dry and flaky skin is to prepare an exfoliating mask with this sweet ingredient as a base.
Exfoliating mask with sugar and oil for dry skin
- Prepare your scrub with 1 tablespoon of Bio-Oil Oil for skincare + 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil + 1 cup of sugar (200 gr). The dough should have a pasty consistency, for a better application (add more oil if you need it).
- Apply to dry skin, rubbing gently in circular motions to exfoliate and remove all impurities.
- Let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture with a damp towel and rinse well with warm water.
- Apply the moisturizer that you use in your skincare routine.
The good thing about this mask is that while the sugar removes the impurities, the olive oil exerts a nourishing function on the dermis.
With these 3 home remedies to combat dry skin, along with the daily use of Bio-Oil Gel for dry skin, your dermis will be hydrated, smooth, and radiant. Try them and decide on the one that shows the best results on your skin!